Thursday, December 23, 2010

EXERCISE TO PERFORM AT THE END OF THE YEAR DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON



This week, I read an awesome post from Ms. Cheryl Richardson.  Something that captivated my attention was an exercise that she routinely performs at the end of the year during the holiday season.  This weekend, I will follow her example.  I plan to go to the Hudson River and perform the same exercise, and I choose the Hudson River because it is a site conducive to relaxation that is geographically accessible to me.  I will bring a pen or marker to write on few pieces of driftwood; on the wood, make a list of all the things that I want to let go (I know there are at least three); throw them in the water; and then I will give gratitude for all of my blessings.  Also, I will meditate and visualize what I want in this present and for the New Year 2011.  I think that this is a great exercise “to let it go” and I wish to share it with you.  I recommend that you do try it on any day before the New Year. Thank you, Cheryl Richardson, for the catharsis!

EXERCISE
Go to the ocean, find 3 pieces of driftwood, write the things you would like to let go of (resentment, fear, depression, criticism, etc.) on the wood, thank them for having made you who you are, and toss them into the ocean to be carried far away and to never return.  Then spend some time on the beach/river imagining what you want for the coming year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment